Prep Time: 30 min Cook Time: 50 min
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can diced tomatoes or 3-4 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 jar salsa
- 4-6 peppers (any color)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, pepper jack)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Combine meat, onion, seasoning mix, beans and egg in a large bowl. Add rice and mix well. Spread tomatoes in bottom of a 12x9 inch baking dish (add extra water if you like more sauce.)
- Cut peppers in half, discard seeds. Place peppers, cut side up on tomatoes. Spoon rice mixture into peppers.
- Top each pepper with salsa and bake in oven for 40-50 minutes until meat is cooked through and peppers are soft.
- Remove from oven, top with cheese, broil until bubbly (less than a minute.) Serve with extra salsa. Enjoy!